The Literacy and Basics Skills Program (LBS) at the SHLC is funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU). The LBS initiative assists in meeting the learning needs of both Native and Non-Native adult peoples.
Our mission is to inspire and support you in attaining your Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF) goals in task-based learning, including:
- finding and using information;
- communicating ideas and information;
- understanding and using numbers;
- using digital technology;
- managing learning;
- engaging with others; and
- encouraging your overall best potential.
We complete this cyclical learning path following a process that includes:
- Information and Referral Services;
- Assessment and Evaluation Services;
- Learning Plan/Learner Intake Plan Services;
- OALCF-Style Training Services; and
- Customer Satisfaction and Follow-Up services.