The Literacy and Basics Skills Program (LBS) at the SHLC is funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training & Skills Development. The LBS initiative assists in meeting the learning needs of both Native and Non-Native adult peoples.
Our mission is to inspire and support you in attaining your Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF) goals in task-based learning, including:
- finding and using information;
- communicating ideas and information;
- understanding and using numbers;
- using digital technology;
- managing learning;
- engaging with others; and
- encouraging your overall best potential.
We complete this cyclical learning path following a process that includes:
- Information and Referral Services;
- Assessment and Evaluation Services;
- Learning Plan/Learner Intake Plan Services;
- OALCF-Style Training Services; and
- Customer Satisfaction and Follow-Up services.