Sioux Hudson Literacy Council (SHLC) and the Good Learning Anywhere (GLA) online distance learning program have been fortunate over the last 20 years to serve hundreds of people from every corner of the province of Ontario.
However, there are people, communities and organizations that we have not connected with yet. The economy and job markets have drastically changed and there are more people than ever who could benefit from our adult learning services. This likely includes people you already know.
So now we want to give our learners some extra incentive to refer their friends, families and co-workers to SHLC and GLA, as an appreciation of all your support over the years. SHLC & GLA are having a contest.
Here is how it works:
For every person that you refer to Good Learning Anywhere, your name will be entered in our grand prize draw to win a Google Tablet valued at $250. There is no maximum in how many friends you can refer. Here is what your friends need to do for you to be eligible.
- Complete all program registration forms
- Indicate on the registration form who referred them (that’s YOU!)
- Complete their Assessment
- Complete their Learner Plan
- Attend 2 hours of online class time (Centra, Plato, Aztec and/or Moodle)
- Friends must sign up by March 31, 2013
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be a resident of Ontario.
- All currently registered and past learners from SHLC & GLA are eligible for the draw.
In the event a new learner does not meet the eligibility requirements, or does not follow the rules, then SHLC & GLA have no obligation to award any prize to that referring person.
- Grand Prize: Google Tablet (~$250)
- 2nd Prize: $50 Gift Card
- 3rd Prize: Headset with Microphone for online classes
Three winners will be selected by random draw on Monday April 8th, 2013.
As you might remember, taking those first steps into a learning centre or attending an online class using the computer is intimidating. One suggestion we have to encourage your friends to register is to be there with them and help answer any questions they might have. Share with them your experiences and successes. After all, that’s what friends are for.
Click here to Register with Good Learning Anywhere.
For more information, please call our office at 807-737-8022, toll free at 866-550-0697 or by email at email@example.com.